Thursday, July 28, 2011

Fire In the Hood

Okay, so maybe I'm not the WORST photojournalist in the world, because I did grab my camera when I saw my neighbors car on fire.
Sure, the first thing to do is call 911, but the police had already arrived and we could hear the fire engines on their way.
Now, I'm not even suggesting that I'm a good photojournalist, only that I might be getting better. See, if I was a really good photojournalist, I would have had the camera with me and gotten pictures that include flames. But, no, I had to run up to the house and get my camera, then run back to the end of the driveway and by then, they guy was spraying the car with his garden hose, and the fire fighters had arrived. We actually watched the activity for several minutes before getting the camera. See, not a good photojournalist, but at least I didn't miss it altogether.
I thought this shot from my front door was pretty good. Fire in the Hood.


No comments:

Post a Comment