Thursday, June 23, 2011

My kid is smarter than me...

My kid is smarter than me... Okay, to be honest, there are so many situations in which this statement applies that I've lost count of them.
But, tonight, I was shocked by my four year old's brilliance.

Here's what happened:
We were watching a movie on Netflix, when my husband decided to get a snack. He got up to pause the movie...

Pause

This usually requires exiting full screen and then clicking on the pause symbol on the screen.

But, no...

It is so much simpler than that (not that these steps are difficult)

Jacob, age 4, says to his dad, "No, Daddy, you don't have to use the mouse. You just press this." And, he proceeds to push the space bar. This pauses the show.

Daddy looks at the screen, then at Jacob, then at me.

"Do it again" he says.

Jacob presses the space bar again and the show plays.

"Again"

Paused

Now, I'm sure that there are many of you who already know this.
I did not know this.
My husband did not know this.
My four year old knew this.

I feel a little bit like I'm old and useless, and perhaps I should just roll over and die now. But, mostly, I'm just totally excited at how brilliant my kid is. And, I just learned a new trick too.

No comments:

Post a Comment