Friday, January 15, 2016

Train Cake DIY How to make a simple train cake

With 8 kids, there's always a birthday coming up. We only do birthday parties on the 5th, 10th and 15th birthdays, but I try to make a special cake for every birthday.

It would seem like I would be pretty good at cake-making and decorating by now, but no.

So, I'm always looking for simple, cute cakes for birthdays. Here's an idea for a train theme that we just used for Noah's 7th birthday.

It starts with two dozen cupcakes.
Then, I laid them out in an oval track shape with a seven in the middle.
I sprayed the tops with whip cream - easier and faster than trying to frost them. Also, it's a January birthday, so the snow look fits with the theme.
Then, I laid Kit Kat "tracks" around the oval and on the center pieces.

Last, I laid the extra track pieces around the edges, added some decorations like trees, signs and train cars. Then, I presented it to the very pleased birthday boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment