Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Second Chance: November 6



Karin put the idea aside, at least for the moment, and focused on the jobs she already had. She processed the rental applications that were on her desk, calling references and verifying employment. A few more calls came in for her empty units, so she made appointments to show them after lunch.

“Hey Karin,” Brian Parks said when he walked in the door of Karin’s office.

“Hey Brian,” she answered. “I’ve got a list here of lawns to mow and…” she scanned the paper before she gave it to him, “… and, yes, I made a note next to a couple of addresses where the tenants have said that they would take care of it, so if you could just save them for last and hopefully, they will already be done when you get there.”

“Yes, ma’am,” Brian said. “Did you want the edging done this week as well?”

“Yes, I think I made a note of the addresses that needed that, and trimming too. It should all be in the list, but call me if you have any questions,” Karin said. She grabbed another piece of paper from her desk drawer. 

“Here is your check.”

“Thank you. Have a great day.”

“You too.”

The phone rang as Brian was walking out the door. “Dunewood Rental Management” Karin answered when she picked it up.

“Ms. Anderson?”

“Yes,”

“This is Camilla, I live upstairs from your mom,” Karin froze. A call about her mom was never good news, and it was almost always a catastrophe, but she let Camilla continue.

“I just called the fire department and they’re on the way here,”

“Fire department?” Karin interrupted.

“Yes, the smoke detector kept going off downstairs and…”

“I’m on my way, you can explain later.” Karin hung up the phone and grabbed her keys.

See what happens next here.

No comments:

Post a Comment