Friday, June 10, 2011

Why a blog?

I used to have a blog. I even wrote in it often. Then, I joined Hubpages, and took their 30 day challenge, writing a new post nearly every day.
Recently, my husband mentioned to me that when I write for "others" for free, I am selling myself short. Hmm. This got me thinking. I've written several articles for various venues, and sometimes I even make a little money at it. Now, if I write for Hubpages, then they make money off the visitors that I bring to my articles because they can charge advertisers based on the number of visitors to their site. Makes sense. Except, that I'm the one doing the writing, and I'm not making any money.
So, if I'm going to write for free, then I might as well do it under my own name, my own blog, and get all the credit. And, if someone wants to advertise their product next to my article? Well, then, wouldn't they have to pay ME? In theory, at least.
Anyway, I love to write about all sorts of things, so you never know what you might find here. Enjoy.

BTW if you are interested, here is a link to my Hubpages articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment